So, there’s another of these little award things going around at the moment and I’ve been nominated times three. The rules for this one is as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you and add a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers and add their links.
- Notify the bloggers you included.
- Keep the rules in your post.
I’ll just say it right now: I think pretty much everyone I follow and love have been nominated by now soooooo, I’ll write down 11 questions myself and if y’all like you can answer them in a post of your own or just here in the comments! I don’t know about you guys, but I love answering random questions.
From The Windsor Legacy:
- Would you rather fight a hundred goose-sized elephants or a goose the size of an elephant?
Goose-sized elephants, easily. Geese are evil beasts who will fuck you up and fighting on the size of an elephant would be impossible. Geese. Are. Evil.
- Shuffle your songs on your phone/computer/whatever — what’s the first song that pops up?
I shuffled my and the boyfriends’ roadtrip playlist on Spotify and it gave me The Phoenix by Fallout Boy. It’s the kinda song that makes you want to go kick some ass.
- If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you want to be?
Right here. Honestly, I’m perfectly happy right here by my desk in little Denmark. The only thing that’ll make it better is when boyfriend gets up so I can hug him all the time.
- Savory or sweet?
It depends on my mood. Recently I very much like sweet candy, but sometimes I crave like crisps or something instead.
- What made you create your blog?
I wanted a place to have a place for the Hartfields rewrite – I like having a new slate and the sooner everybody forgets about the hot time travelling mess that was the old story, the better.
- What do you do when you want to relax?
A cup of tea never fails to relax me. Watching Youtube videos by Sips are also immensely relaxing – watching those while colouring in my colouring book… man, that’s the life.
- What never fails to make you laugh?
This. I just found the link I haven’t actually looked at it because I can’t without almost dying from laughter.
- Do you prefer living in a city or in a rural area? Or somewhere in-between?
Somewhere in between. I’ve lived in suburbs within easy distance of town centres most of my life and I prefer that to the times I’ve lived in cities or so far out it took like 1-2 hours to get to a city.
- If you could live in any fictional universe, which would you choose and why?
Oh, shucks, that’s difficult. It’s hard because most of the universes I like are fascinating, but life there sucks. Perhaps the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe post end of the series but before Korra. I’d like to do some bending of some sort!
- If you could domesticate any animal and have it (safely) be your pet, which would you choose?
Perhaps a red panda or something. They’re pretty cute.
- What is your favorite word?
As a word person you’d think I could come up with one right away. One I can think of is eleftheria, an ancient Greek word meaning freedom.
Questions from Meg:
- Generate some random items and write a short paragraph story including them!
My items: A pepper shaker, a stick, a few batteries, and a necktie.
“He straightens the necktie, and after a while looks up at her. The two of them only look at each other for a moment, then she turns her gaze to the pepper shaker. Silence, thick and charged, settles around them. Their lives used to be somewhere in there where the silence is now. Little objects around the house are a reminder. A couple of batteries in a drawer that powered the remote control – it’s now in his possession. A stick that their plant supported itself on as it grew is propped up against the desk now that the plant is dead and gone. She grabs the shaker and puts it in her box and then she meets his eyes, her gaze like a challenge. He only looks away.”
(I did my best XD)
- What is the strangest dream you can remember?
The other night I dreamt that the entirety of our country were in mourning because our country’s ice cream van service (Hjem-Is, it’s called) was closing down. It was a big enough deal that they changed the colour of traffic lights in their honour (changed the red lights to pink ones… which makes no sense because the vans are light blue). I’ve probably had weirder but I can’t remember them now.
- If you could live inside a video game as an NPC, which would you choose?
Stardew Valley 🙂 At first I thought maybe Skyrim because I could be an NPC kid and then I’d be immortal… but then I remembered mods.
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
People chewing loudly and with their mouths open. It enrages me, to say the least.
- If you had to choose anyone (alive or deceased) to be your roommate, who would you choose?
Someone like PushingUpRoses or LazyGameReviewer (Youtubers). They’re both really into retro gaming and it would be cool just talking about retro video games all the time.
- What is the last book that you read?
The Colorado Kid by Stephen King.
- If the main character from the last TV show you watched tried to kill you, would they succeed?
I mean, it was Steven Universe, so he probably would be able to kill me, but he wouldn’t be able to bring himself to do it, so I’d say no.
- What is something (book, movie, game, etc.) that you will never get bored of?
I’ll never get tired of Pride and Prejudice – that goes for the book and the 1996 BBC miniseries. A game I’ll probably never be done with is Skyrim and there’s the Sims 3, of course 🙂
- If you could have a home built in any style, which would you choose?
Something nice, light, modern, but not too sterile – so I wouldn’t want like steel and shit everywhere, but rather white walls, dark wood, fluffy rugs, a fireplace…
- If you could only listen to one musician for the rest of your life, who would you choose?
Someone like Jonathan Coulton. If you don’t know him you might know Portal 1/2 for which he wrote the ending songs 🙂 His music is diverse enough that I wouldn’t get bored listening to him.
- What do you enjoy most about this community?
I like that there is such a mass of different people. Writers, artists, builders, gamers, modders – there are just so many different things you can do with the Sims games. But especially the writing community because we’re such a nice bunch of people. You can almost always find an audience for your story and people are so sweet about their comments and criticisms.
- Of your sims, who’s your favorite?
Probably Charlotte Hartfield. Have a picture of her in her just because (I’m not reveling her re-write look yet):
- What’s the greatest in-game moment you’ve ever witnessed?
I don’t know if it was the greatest, but in an ISBI I played, I found out that my founder’s son had married his sister’s mother-in-law. Yeah, that got… weird.
- What’s your favorite game (aside from the Sims)? If not game, substitute show/book/movie/etc.
Portal 2 because it’s an actual perfect game. Perfect games don’t exist? Bullshit – Portal 2 does.
Skyrim because I’ve spent stupidly long on it and I love it dearly.
Stardew Valley for that very same reason.
Banjo-Tooie is a major one on the N64. Sweet, sweet nostalgia.
- What is a trait you wish you had/didn’t have?
I wish I wasn’t as shy as I am. Also, neurotic. I worry about everything.
- You found a black suitcase sitting on your front porch. It’s got $1 million in it. What do you do?
I probably try and find out where it’s from. What if someone’s left it there to frame me for a robbery or something?
- What’s your favorite holiday? Why?
Christmas, I guess. ‘Cause it’s Christmas. I’m not religious, but that holiday is just the embodiment of so many great things.
- What’s your favorite color? Any particular reason?
Turquoise. I just really love it – it’s the perfect in-between of blue and green.
- Any grand plans for the future?
I do have a project in the making that I’ve been talking about. It’s out on my Tumblr, so here it is: I’m making a game, a visual novel to be precise. Check out my development blog if you like 🙂 (there’s barely anything there).
- Cheddar, mozzarella, or muenster? Naming gouda as the top cheese is also acceptable. 😛
Mozzarella all the way. Fresh mozzarella sandwiches were all I ate when I went to Italy in 2014 and it was heavenly.
- You have 24 hours to do whatever you please with no repercussions or anyone remembering anything but you. What happens?
I’d probably force the owners of some amusement park to keep everyone but me and a select few friends out of there the entire day and just… enjoy the place. No standing in line, no annoying people chewing loudly. Just fun.
So, now that that’s said, on to some questions I came up with. Feel free to answer them on your blog or here in the comments, because like I said: I don’t know who to nominate!
- What is something (book, song, movie, game, etc.) that never fails to make you cry (or at least very emotional)?
- What is your writing process?
- Which Sims bug is the most annoying you’ve encountered?
- I think many people have something that they’ll willingly spend more money on than others – what is your thing (if you have one)?
- Which books have inspired your own writing most?
- Who do you admire?
- Do you have any siblings?
- Which country would you like to live in, if not the one you’re in?
- Do you have a pet?
- Which of the Sims games is your favourite? 1, 2, 3, 4 – maybe one of the spin-offs (e.g. Medieval)?
- E-books or physical books?